Head of Developer Relations
The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
We're looking for a developer relations lead and community builder who can bridge the relationship between our developers and diverse user base. If you love coding and financial markets just as much as engaging conversation on these topics with a wide audience, this role is for you.
As a Head of Developer Relations at Databento, you will:
- Build our user community on Slack from the ground up, and generate conversation with our community about our product, trending topics in the fintech space, and more.
- Organize relevant and unique virtual events that engage and respond to the needs of our user base.
- Identify new marketing channels, lead generation opportunities, and advertising or sponsorship opportunities that can attract a wide user base to our Slack community.
- Design, write and create content to increase community engagement on various channels (Slack, social media etc.)
- Manage and maintain a newsletter for current and prospective users.
- Work with engineering and product teams to create technical content and improve SEO.
- Monitor and report on feedback, reviews or feature requests.
- Work with our engineering team to respond to customer queries, feedback, and reported bugs in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with our product team and designers to create better user experience and community resources.
- Collaborate with our product team to improve community awareness of product features.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied math, finance, marketing, communications, business, management, journalism, writing or any field with an emphasis on writing or social skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience as a developer advocate, community manager, support engineer, product manager, business development manager, consultant, sales representative or product evangelist.
- Knowledge in finance, fintech, data, machine learning or software engineering.
- Experience with design tools (Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience organizing or launching community initiatives (online forum, events, newsletters).
- Hands-on experience with social media management, SEO and/or online marketing channels.
- Passion for teaching or communicating ideas to people with a wide range of familiarity on a given topic.
Databento, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Databento complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!