Senior Engineering Test Technician
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a hands-on individual to help us develop our core technology by processing electrochemical tests for large-scale experimental cell builds. In this role, you will work as a part of our Technical Operations’ test team and coordinate directly with our Reactor Development and Systems Engineering teams to execute, maintain, and troubleshoot tests for truly grid-scale batteries. The ideal candidate will be familiar with established norms around battery testing and will actively seek out new methods to assist technical development. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual to sharpen their technical skills and lend their experience to directly impact the development of a breakthrough technology.
What you'll do:
- Activate, test, and monitor various electro-mechanical devices for experimental execution with high attention to detail
- Inspect, organize and prepare device components and associated test infrastructure
- Document findings and testing metrics for performance traceability
- Set up and maintain electrochemical test instruments and equipment
- Routinely coordinate with engineering teams to diagnose and troubleshoot abnormalities in cell cycling behavior
- Track electro-mechanical testing status using a cloud based organizational tool
- Monitor and offer recommendations for keeping Cell Testing documentation up to date
- Lead workshop and laboratory continuous improvement efforts
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of electro-mechanical device validation or testing experience or degree and experience equivalent
- Familiarity with electrical work such as wiring, soldering, and cable construction
- Experience operating electrochemical test equipment such as Maccor, Arbin, VersaSTAT, Solotron or battery management systems.
- Familiarity with lean concepts to maintain inventory and organize workflows
- Written and oral communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Comfort using digital tools. We use Asana, Slack, Confluence, and GSuite among others
The salary range for this role is $45/hour - $55/hour. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?