Director, Facilities Operations
Somerville, MA, USA · Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a Director of Facilities Operations to join the team at Form Energy reporting to Form Energy’s President and COO. Our Site Operations team is responsible for Facilities Engineering and Operations, Workplace Services, Lab Operations and supports EHS functions. Form Energy is entering a critical growth phase; teams are rapidly growing and there’s a need to accelerate technology development, which results in greater strategic and tactical functional support needed from Site Operations. As Form Energy moves into new facilities, the incumbent will lead the teams that deliver on cross functional space planning, workplace planning and site build out and/or retrofits. The Director of Facilities Operations will have about 10 current Facilities Operations team reports across Form’s sites.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a multi-site operational strategy, departmental roadmap, and staffing plan to support rapid growth of the company
- Lead efforts to identify needs for build out and expansion, partnering with Form’s leadership to align strategic goals and develop long term facilities plans
- Interface with multiple technology, operations, and commercial teams to ensure the Site Operations function understands and meets the needs of the business
- Work closely with site leads and landlords to assess and negotiate lease terms while maintaining constructive relationships
- Implement planning and communications tools that track status of Site Operations efforts and their impacts on company operations; leverage those tools to inform and contribute to strategic and tactical decisions
- Establish departmental KPIs with regular reporting to executive staff and site leadership
- Proactively identify bottlenecks to company progress and work with stakeholders to identify options, drive decisions and ensure appropriate resourcing of critical efforts
- Establish common practices across sites for workplace services, warehousing, lab operations support, and event planning
- Routinely consult with engineers on code compliance, heating, mechanical and electrical requirements of new and renovated buildings; maintains utility and energy management systems
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering or related technical discipline and at least 15 years’ experience in Facilities or Site Operations, with at least five years management experience leading a multi-site facilities department
- Demonstrated track record planning and delivering medium scale lab or manufacturing construction projects
- Working knowledge of building systems and infrastructure
- Experience developing and managing complex schedules and budgets
- Experience working in a growing R&D and manufacturing environment
- Ability to navigate all levels of the organization to understand current and upcoming needs, cross-prioritize initiatives and communicate expectations
- Customer-oriented mindset with a focus on finding creative solutions to problems in order to enable the business
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with and influence critical stakeholders
- Ability to manage through fast moving, start-up challenges with ease and comfort
- Formal training or certification in project and/or program management a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?