Senior EHS Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an EHS Engineer to further support daily functions of the Form Energy EHS program at our Eighty Four, PA and Weirton, WV facilities. You will be responsible for working with our EHS Site Lead, across both sites, to ensure our team is operating with best safety practices and to lead efforts to improve the culture of safety in the workplace. A self-starter, you will proactively mitigate new hazards and roll up your sleeves to quickly respond to critical situations in the most effective and efficient manner. Taking a collaborative approach, you’ll work closely with all teams to provide a great and safe place to work. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and be part of the growth of a fast-moving technology start-up with breakthrough technology and an incredible mission!
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area at Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation is available.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure day-to-day compliance with EHS policies and regulations
- Consult on risk mitigation tools and participate in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews
- Manage environmental permits
- Perform various and regular safety inspections of the facility and key equipment
- Conduct task hazard assessments, job safety analysis, pre startup safety reviews, ergonomic evaluations of new processes and materials approvals or substitutions
- Manage safety training schedules for various teams and departments
- Deliver and document initial and ongoing EHS training
- Actively participate in site Safety Committee meetings
- Work closely with departments to ensure EHS requirements are being addressed and met
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in environment, health and safety roles supporting pilot manufacturing R&D, Manufacturing or Engineering functions as well as direct experience with Process Safety and design teams
- Bachelors of Science in related field; Safety, Environmental, Engineering, etc
- Proven results working within Control of Hazardous Energy, Permit required Confined Spaces, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, High temperature work and Consulting on risk mitigation to reduce hearing conservation, musculoskeletal injuries, respirator requirements and required PPE, Risk assessments and mitigation for equipment and processes.
- Direct experience with navigating regulatory requirements as they relate to Large Quantity Generator status, satellite and 90-day accumulation areas, and disposal of wastes
- Extensive knowledge of hazards around manufacturing tooling
- Application of OSHA General Industry requirements & Title IV permit applications
- The following certifications are required: HAZWOPER certification, RCRA/Title 22 training, DOT/IATA certifications
- Experience as Radiation Safety officer
- Advanced degree in Safety, Chemistry, or Engineering preferred
- ASP/CSP/CHMM or similar safety certifications preferred
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?