Senior Engineering Technician
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Advanced Manufacturing, Anode team within the Technology group at Form is responsible for meeting the mechanical design and development needs of the Anode organization. It is invaluable in scaling our anode equipment to deliver early prototyping, Alpha and Beta pilots, and long-term production aligned with our technology roadmap.
We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and hands-on experienced senior engineering technician to contribute to developing novel equipment used to manufacture electrodes for Form Energy’s commercial product. This role is embedded directly in the equipment engineering team and will support various mechanical engineering efforts. In this role, you will participate in mechanical equipment design, build, and commission first-of-a-kind production-ready manufacturing equipment, working with designers, engineers, and other cross-functional teams.
This is a critical role and offers an exciting opportunity to be part of scaling and delivering the product of our utility-scale multi-day energy storage system, where you will contribute to a sustainable future.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Use shop tools (e.g., sheet metal brake, 3D printers, manual mill, etc) to build and assemble prototypes and one-offs as specified by engineers
- Fabricate and maintain build or test related infrastructure and safety systems as specified by designs and schematics
- Basic design tasks (e.g., fabricating control panels) with only high-level instruction from engineers
- Participate in design reviews and give design feedback to engineers
- Facilitate installation and assembly of new equipment
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a technician or hands-on role, ideally 2-3 years in a startup environment
- Experience working with metals, ceramics, plumbing, and sheet metal
- Basic experience in wiring and sensor installation
- Ability to interpret assembly drawings and work from schematics
- Comfortable using sensors and data acquisition systems (e.g., Multimeter, thermocouple logger, etc.)
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a positive and get-it-done attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?