Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As the Director of Quality at Form Energy, you will lead in building out the Quality organization. The Director of Quality will drive key initiatives to develop/implement systems and processes that ensure products are designed, manufactured and shipped to the highest levels of performance, reliability and quality. These quality systems and processes will be heavily focused on Prevention with elements of Detection and Containment, impacting all three phases of Design, Supply Chain and Manufacturing. You will also provide leadership and strategy with product optimization, cost down, as well as implement training of best practices for various disciplines throughout the company. The Director of Quality will fly high to properly set vision and define strategy; however, when required, dive deep with the technical staff to solve complex, multi-dimensional issues. You will work in close partnerships with leadership as well as various cross-functional teams throughout the product development lifecycle, from early R&D to validation testing, pilot builds and ultimately, SOP/customer deliveries. It is highly desirable that you bring forth a good foundation of logic which will allow for a deep technical understanding of new technologies and their development.
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area at Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation is available.
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership for not only the Quality organization but throughout the company via vision, strategy, culture and strong execution
- Develop and implement systems/processes to ensure all products shipped meet rigorous standards for not only performance, reliability and quality but also regulatory, compliance and safety
- Lead/develop FMEA processes to properly mitigate risks in both design and manufacturing
- Develop, implement and train other mission-critical quality systems: Material Review Board (MRB), Process Change Requests (PCR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Inspection Standards, Control Plans, SPC/Control Charts, Traceability, etc.
- Own company-wide quality metrics, reporting and action plan to ensure timely, effective countermeasure(s) and resolution
- Build and develop a capable reliability team to ensure proper product reliability specifications are defined and tested in order to meet customer expectations
- Own the creation and daily operation of Form Energy’s Quality Management Systems, ensuring regulatory compliance for safe development, production, and deployment of Form’s battery systems; Develop a roadmap and staffing plan to enable ISO (or other) compliance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on continuous improvement activities, cost down initiatives, etc.
- Facilitate, promote and train in the use of highly effective best practices: 8D (problem solving), SPC (data analytics), DOE (Design of Experiments), GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing), RCA (root cause analysis), proper auditing techniques, design reviews, etc.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 10 years experience in quality, manufacturing or manufacturing engineering.
- Prior leadership and management experience required, demonstrating a clear record of success in building industry-leading teams that can execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expertise in building out Quality Management Systems (e.g., IATF 16949, ISO9001).
- Highly technical, with a strong foundation for logic that allows for a steep learning curve and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Critical thinker, problem solver utilizing first principles
- Experience/expertise of various quality system methodologies
- Excellent leadership, project management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering or related technical discipline
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?