NPI Operations Training Manager
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a highly organized and knowledgeable Technical Training Manager to join our new product introduction (NPI) operations team. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective training of new operators, technicians, and inspectors in assembly and inspection focused work instructions. You will be responsible for maintaining training records and certifications, collaborating closely with subject matter experts and technical writers, coordinating training sessions, and continuously improving the training program to enhance workforce skills and performance.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation assistance is available.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and deliver comprehensive training programs: create and update training materials, develop training curricula to accommodate various learning styles and skill levels, conduct engaging training sessions within a manufacturing environment, and evaluate trainees’ performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain training records and certifications: establish a robust system for tracking training progress, ensure compliance with internal quality standards, and monitor training expirations and coordinate retraining when necessary to maintain a skilled workforce.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and technical writers to identify training needs and gather relevant content for training materials as well as regularly audit existing content to continuously improve the effectiveness of training materials.
- Coordinate training sessions, ensuring optimal utilization of resources and minimal disruption to production schedules.
- Continuous improvement: evaluate the effectiveness of training programs through assessments, surveys, and feedback mechanisms and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for process improvement and recommend training interventions accordingly.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in technical training management in a new manufacturing environment where product, process, and equipment changes are expected regularly.
- Strong knowledge of various assembly methods and inspection processes, ideally with direct knowledge of processes such as powder mixing, roll-to-roll processing (calendering, slitting), lamination, welding, calcination, sintering, etc.
- Excellent instructional and presentation skills with the ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in using training software and learning management systems.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to handle multiple training sessions and deadlines concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, technical writers, and trainees.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and compliance.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a commitment to staying updated with industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (equivalent practical experience in production environment considered).
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?