Senior Global Supply Manager, Manufacturing Capital Equipment
Berkeley, CA, USA · Pittsburgh, PA, USA · Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a Global Supply Manager to support our engineering and manufacturing teams in the sourcing of capital equipment for current and future production projects across multiple Form Energy manufacturing locations. This role will report to our Supply Chain Director and, in-parallel, be an active sourcing resource for our Engineering and Manufacturing groups. Leveraging your sourcing and negotiation experience, you will build and leverage strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast moving, dynamic environment where you’ll work alongside colleagues applying humanity, excellence, and creativity in all we do.
What You'll Do:
- Daily management of supply and constraints, status reporting and escalation, supplier engagement and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain technical knowledge of manufacturing processes, technology landscape, and supply base for relevant equipment and automation vendors.
- Develop and execute commercial strategy to deliver on ambitious program and project timelines.
- Develop and issue complete RFQ packages to potential capital equipment, tooling and engineering and construction suppliers.
- Validate, analyze, and make sourcing recommendations based on quote packages from suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing, specifications, commercial terms and issue PO’s for Production Equipment, Tooling and associated services.
- Support organizational management objectives by identifying and negotiating commercial cost reduction opportunities, including make vs. buy decisions.
- Cultivate Best-in-Industry equipment and tooling supplier relationships, act as a single point of contact for all commercial and strategic issues within the supply base; drive continuous quality improvement.
- Work on "Lean" initiatives and identify other sourcing efficiencies via benchmarking, VA/VE, competitive quotes and resourcing.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 5 years of strategic sourcing and/or category management experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment; strategic sourcing role, preferably for capital equipment or engineering and construction categories.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills, including experience presenting to executive level management on strategic projects, program status, recommendations, and priorities.
- Experience developing "should-cost" estimates and analyzing supplier quotes.
- Ability to work both independently as well as to collaborate cross-functionally on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Understanding of contract fundamentals; demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- A blend of business and technical knowledge allowing for big-picture vision and the ability to dive deep into specific challenges.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approx. 30% of the time.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?