Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Next Generation Sequencing
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Volta Labs is an MIT spin-off that has unlocked powerful new DNA sequencing capabilities by developing novel fluidic technology. Building off of this core technology, Volta has created a product that streamlines DNA sequencing sample prep. Volta is at the forefront of a sequencing revolution, driving sequencing towards seamless ease of use and complete automation.
We are a product and data-driven company where employees are empowered to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative environment. This is an exciting phase to join Volta; with commercialization imminent, our product has the potential to change the future of sequencing.
Reporting to an Applications Product Development Team Lead and working in a small focused team of Scientists and Systems Integration Engineers, you will participate in the design and development of genomics sample prep applications. Volta is building a suite of genomics applications for its disruptive digital fluidics sample prep automation platform.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented and collaborative individual with a desire to learn and participate in product development in an industry setting.
- Execute experiments following good laboratory practice and standard protocols
- Thoroughly document all procedures, data and observations in an electronic lab notebook
- Summarize, present and discuss findings in team meetings
- Actively participate in experimental design, data analysis, and report writing
- Assist with reagent ordering, inventory, equipment maintenance and general laboratory duties
- Maintain a clean work area and equipment in proper working order
Qualifications and Skills:
- M. S. or B. S. in Molecular Biology or related discipline
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with nucleic acid extraction and analysis, library preparation for short and/or long read sequencing, hybridization capture and/or next generation sequencing applications
- Bioinformatics experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast based start-up work environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and documentation skills
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision to be productive
Our Benefits and Perks:
Robust Equity Program, to build future wealth through stock options with high growth potential
Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage, including Medical, Dental, & Vision
HSA, FSA, and Sponsored Commuter Benefit Plans
Access to Our 401K Plan, to save for your future
12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave, which can be taken over 12 months
Unlimited Paid Time Off, because we understand the importance of time off for rest and adventure
10 Paid Federal Holidays
Twice Weekly On-site Lunches, variety snacks, beverages, & treats
Weekly Paid Coffee Date with Colleague
Monthly Team Happy Hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and we actively seek out and value diverse perspectives. Women, people of color, people who are differently abled, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of bio-automation!