Field Applications Scientist
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
Volta Labs, Inc. (https://www.voltalabs.com/) is an MIT spin-off that has unlocked powerful new DNA sequencing capabilities by developing novel fluidic technology. Working at the intersection of engineering and biology, Volta is building a product to streamline DNA sequencing sample prep. As DNA sequencing is the foundational technology behind humanity‘s understanding of diseases and the tool that provides a new view into the fundamentals of biology, Volta is at the forefront of a sequencing revolution, driving sequencing towards seamless ease of use and complete automation.
Working at Volta Labs means having big ambitions for solving the world’s most challenging problems. Volta has brought together individuals from many different fields (physics, biology, engineering, operations) to work toward one main shared goal -- build the most advanced sample prep solution for sequencing. We are a product and data-driven company where employees are empowered to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative environment. This is an exciting phase to join Volta; with commercialization imminent, our product has the potential to change the future of sequencing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Field Application Scientist to lead Volta’s early access program and publication strategy. The individual will have the unique opportunity to drive a new technology from the early phase of commercialization through successful market adoption. In addition, the individual will be a part of a rapidly expanding team and will be exposed to multiple career development opportunities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role will be part of our growing Commercial team at Volta, responsible for all things product management, sales, marketing and customer success!
How you will contribute:
- Lead early access customer deployments and development of publications and application notes.
- Apply learnings from early access to develop Volta's support knowledge base and provide design inputs to IQ/OQ/PQ process validation.
- Prepare launch materials: application notes, pre-sales presentations, training guides, on-site training, and troubleshooting workflows.
- Engage with new and existing customers to educate, support and train them on Volta's products.
- In pre-sales environments, conduct seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers to either support the purchase of an instrument or through partnership with an institutional/regional core lab.
- In post-sales environments, train new customers and scientifically partner with clients to increase product adoption and usage.
- An advanced degree in Life Sciences, preferably to PhD level.
- Deep experience with nucleic acid extraction and sequencing library preparation
- 5+ years experience in customer facing life science roles (Field Applications, Sales, Technical Support).
- Publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships across functions and levels.
- The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability with CRM systems.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Robust Equity Program, to build future wealth through stock options with high growth potential
Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage, including Medical, Dental, & Vision
HSA, FSA, and Sponsored Commuter Benefit Plans
Access to Our 401K Plan, to save for your future
12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave, which can be taken over 12 months
Unlimited Paid Time Off, because we understand the importance of time off for rest and adventure
10 Paid Federal Holidays
Twice Weekly On-site Lunches, variety snacks, beverages, & treats
Weekly Paid Coffee Date with Colleague
Monthly Team Happy Hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and we actively seek out and value diverse perspectives. Women, people of color, people who are differently abled, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of bio-automation!
See more open positions at Volta Labs
Something looks off?